Monday, February 9, 2009

my poor kid


mondays are tough around here. for some reason i am always able to sleep all night on sunday nights and have the hardest time getting going. my feet hit the floor and i have to stop and think to myself.. wait what day is it? what do i need to do? who needs breakfast, a lunch, hair straightened, etc. then it hits me, it's MONDAY- and i tell myself to get going. so back to my story, this morning i am mindlessly making lunches for the troops and i hear jessica come around the corner and she is crying and burning hot. i drug her (advil only people) and send her back to bed. an hour or so later she has emerged and is still burning hot. she plants herself on the couch and proceeds to lay there all day. advil every 4 hours barely touching her fever. tonight she is beside herself so i decided to check her throat (i'm not a doctor, but i play one around here) and find a red, swollen and white spoted throat! yeah, just what i need! so, as i type this there are sounds of death coming from my living room. she swears she not gonna make it, but i think she will survive. here's hoping she gets to feeling better and i can survive her dying screams! i wonder what tomorrow will bring? maybe i shouldn't ask that question.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Poor baby....I hope that she feels better soon!

Jill said...

Oh Shara...I'm so glad that you've joined the blogging world! I'm sorry about your sweet little one! Good luck and happy birthday!!! Wish I could have been there this morning!

Sweet Blessings said...

I soooo LOVE that picture of Jess...you DO have the most beautiful girls...but then, it's probably because they got it from their Mom :D You make me laugh....I love reading how you write....Most of all, I'm soooo happy you are blogging! Sweet blessings!

Lindsay said...

What a GREAT photo ... I"m sorry that she wasn't feeling well ... total BUMMER.