Sunday, August 30, 2009

a very grateful person with a blessed life


so i 've been kinda a grump lately with most in my life. i've been taking on the world's problems and holding on to them for dear life. i tend to be a "principal" kinda girl and a little hard headed when it comes to most things too. but after reading my friends blog about the 10 things she was grateful for it made me stop and think about the things in my life i too am grateful for. i need to learn to let things go a little and "lighten up" as my dad would always tell me, but it's so stinking hard for me to do!! i have always been quick to judge and i don't forgive easily either, two traits that aren't that great, but hey no body's perfect.... so i sit here on this sunny sunday morning and am truly grateful for.....

1. that i woke up to greet a new day
2. that i have vision in my eyes to see the sun and all the beauty that surrounds me
3. that i have a wonderful husband who provides for our family so well
4. that i have three of the most wonderful, beautiful, thoughtful and respectful girls a mom could ask for
5. that i have an endless supply of food in my pantry, freezer, fridge, garden and stomach so that i will never feel hunger
6. that i can walk without pain caused from my arthritis
7. that i am able to spend my time how i like because i have a great life
8. that i am able to be a stay at home mom and spend everyday with the girls
9. that life is really good for me, even though at times i totally take it for granted
10. that i have all i could ever want and am content with what i have, no more, no less
11. that i was able to read that post and take this very moment to appreciate this day and those around me

may you and yours have a wonderful sunday, filled with love, hope, respect, kindness and blessings of all kinds.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

love this :)

You're a wonderful person - inside and out! Blessings to you this beautiful day!!

Sweet Blessings said...

LOVE this post! You always make me smile...and are such a SWEET BLESSING to my life! Just want you to know that I think you are a beautiful girl, with a very caring, giving heart and a fun-loving, warm spirit! May today be filled to overflowing with GOOD things! Sweet blessings!