Tuesday, March 17, 2009

garden




so this past weekend we spent both days transforming an unused area of our backyard into what we are hoping to be a fun and tasty experience. we decided a couple of weeks ago that we needed a garden, so we put our heads and ideas together and this is what we came out with. i am really excited about it and hope everything grows. i planted 66 strawberries on sunday {keeping my fingers crossed that they all take} and will do some more planting as soon as we get some nicer weather. my planting plans include: carrots, onions, cilantro, tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapeno peppers, sweet pepper and maybe some iceburg lettuce and some raspberries in the flower bed behind the boxes. keep your fingers crossed that my thumbs are actually green!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sweet Blessings said...

I LOVE your planter boxes...what a great way to grow a garden...It looks much better than the usual patch of dirt! You are inspiring me....to dream that is...for now, I think I'll just watch your garden grow and keep buying my veggies & fruit at the farmer's markets :D Sweet blessings!